A well-running heating system during winter is vital to keep a comfortable living space. However, like any other mechanical system in your home, heating units will eventually break down and will need repair or replacement.
So, how do you know when it’s time for heating replacement or repair? Here are five telltale signs:
- The heating system has aged: The lifespan of a heating system is around 15 to 20 years. If your heating unit is already nearing or has exceeded this age, then it’s time to start looking for a heating replacement in Paso Robles, CA to avoid any heating emergency. Newer heating systems are more energy-efficient which can lead to lower utility bills.
- Hike in heating bills: An increase in heating costs is one of the first signs that your heating system is starting to fail. An old and inefficient heating system is one possible reason for this. Upgrading to a newer, more energy-efficient model can help lower your energy costs. If your unit is working overtime to maintain the same level of comfort, then it’s time to call for furnace repair in Paso Robles, CA, or in some cases, it might also need replacement.
- Unusual noises: Banging, grinding, and squealing sounds coming from your heating unit are not normal. These could be signs of a serious problem with the heating motor. It’s best to have a professional take a look at it to avoid further damage.
- Yellow pilot light: A healthy heating system has a blue pilot light. If it starts turning yellow, that’s an indication of a gas leak, which can lead to a serious safety hazard. In such cases, you should shut off the heating unit immediately and schedule heating replacements or repairs.
- Uneven heating: If some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold, it might be a sign that your heating system is no longer working efficiently. This could be due to blockages in the ductwork or an issue with the thermostat. However, if you’ve ruled out issues with the ducts and your heating unit is still not heating evenly, then it might be time to get in touch with a professional to get to the root of the problem and fix it.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, call Air Rite immediately. We provide heating installation, replacement, and repair services in Paso Robles, CA and the surrounding areas.
Benefits Of Timely Repair And Replacement
- Energy efficiency: More recent models of heaters function much better than those manufactured in the past as they use less energy. This can save you on utility bills.
- Safety: An old heating system is more likely to break down and cause a fire or gas leak. By getting a timely repair or replacement, you can avoid such dangers.
- Comfort: A well-running heating system ensures that your home is comfortable during winter.
If you think it might be time for heating replacement or repair, don’t hesitate to us at (805) 779-8446 for furnace services Atascadero, and surrounding areas. We also provide heat pump installation in Paso Robles, CA.