If you have an older heating system, it may be time to consider upgrading to a more efficient model. Newer heating systems are much more energy-efficient than older models, so they can help you save money on your energy bills. Air Rite is the leading provider of heating repair Atascadero, and surrounding areas. We have a team of certified professionals who are experts in heating system efficiency. If you’re interested in upgrading your system or improving its efficiency, contact us today.
The following are 6 ways to improve heating system efficiency:
- Preventive maintenance appointments: Make time to perform routine maintenance on your heating system to keep it operating efficiently. Make sure that all wall, ceiling, or floor vents are open and free from obstructions in addition to changing the air filter on a regular basis. It’s important to ensure that nothing is blocking air vents, which would reduce the effectiveness of the heating system.
- Update the air filter: One of the most important ways to ensure your heating system is running efficiently is to change the air filter. A clogged or dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your system to work harder, which can lead to higher energy bills. Check and change your air filter regularly to keep your system running smoothly.
- Install a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you save money by allowing you to set different temperatures for different times of the day. For example, you can set the temperature lower when you’re away from home or asleep and raise it when you need it most.
- Seal air leaks: Air leaks around doors and windows can cause your heating system to work harder than it needs to. Sealing these leaks can help improve your home’s energy efficiency and reduce your energy bills.
- Invest in insulation: By adding insulation to your attic or walls, you can prevent heat from escaping, and in turn, make your heating system more efficient. This is a particularly good idea if you live in an older home with less insulation. Though it can be a big task, adding insulation is ultimately worthwhile in the long run.
- Upgrade an Old System: It could be time to replace your old furnace or heat pump if it has been operating inefficiently and is more than ten years old. You can be confident that new heating systems will help you generate power for years to come since they are complying with national efficiency standards. To ensure you buy the proper size and model heating system for your home, contact us today.
The cost-effective on-and-off cycle programs used by high-efficiency home heating systems make them last longer since there is less wear and tear. High-efficiency systems eliminate unwanted moisture and withstand unpleasant irritants like chemical buildup, extending the life of the system and fostering a healthier atmosphere for you and your family.