The cold days and nights of winter will be here in the coming weeks and there are not many things more uncomfortable than cold nights and freezing mornings. The heater repair experts at Atascadero’s Air Rite recently released a report about the importance of inspecting and maintaining heating systems before the cold and wet weather arrives.
It might be warm right now, but it’s also the time to test the heating system and do any maintenance that might be needed. Testing is pretty simple. Answer a few questions and turn on the heat to see how it works.
- Does it come on?
- Does it automatically turn off? (Adjust the temperature to activate automatic shut-off.)
- Does it turn off manually?
- Can you feel the heat through the vents in every room?
- Are you noticing an unusual smell?
- Are you noticing odd sounds?
- When was the last time the filter was changed?
- Is there any moisture around the outside unit? Leaks that happen from running the AC in the summer may indicate problems with the entire HVAC system.
- When was the last time the ducts were cleaned?
- When was the last time the system was inspected?
The Atascadero heater repair professionals recommend an HVAC inspection at least annually, especially in regions with very hot summers and cold winters. HVAC systems get a lot of work during extreme temperatures. Maintaining the system helps make sure everyone stays comfortable.
One important thing to remember is to not wait until the last minute. Make an appointment for an inspection and any needed maintenance during the mild weather months. On California’s Central Coast, those months are usually April, May, and October. Taking care of maintenance during the mild months makes sure the system is working during the hottest and coldest months of the year.
Air Rite, the Atascadero heater repair company, has been serving the Central Coast since 1983, providing quality residential and commercial products and services for San Luis Obispo, Monterey, and Santa Barbara counties. The company’s mission is to perform quality work at an honest and fair price. Air Rite gives back to the community by sponsoring and supporting local organizations and activities that have a positive effect on the local area. Services include HVAC residential and commercial design and engineering, installation, repair and maintenance, sales of energy-efficient equipment and systems, commercial and food industry refrigeration units, winery-specific equipment including wine-making.
Air Rite provides 24 hours service, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.