Your furnace is essential for keeping your home comfortable during winter, but like all mechanical systems, it can suffer from wear and tear over time. If you’ve noticed that your furnace has stopped working suddenly, don’t panic and contact us today.
At Air Rite, we provide the best heating and furnace repair in Paso Robles at competitive prices. Our experienced technicians know how to diagnose and fix any issue quickly so you can return to enjoying a warm home in no time. If you’re looking for reliable services, search for “furnace service near me” or “heating service near me” to connect with our professionals.
How Do You Troubleshoot A Gas Furnace?
Troubleshooting a gas furnace can be complex because many potential issues can arise. It is crucial to properly diagnose the problem before attempting to repair the furnace, as fixing the wrong issue can be costly and potentially dangerous.
1. Uneven Heating:
This could be due to various issues if your furnace is not providing enough heat. The problem can be solved by completing the following:
- Check for any blockages in the airflow. Ensure no objects are blocking the vents or the furnace itself.
- Check the thermostat settings. Make sure the thermostat is set to “heat,” and try raising the temperature by a few degrees to see if it makes a difference.
- Replace the filter. A dirty or outdated filter can restrict airflow and reduce the effectiveness of your furnace. If it is time for a new filter, replacing it can help improve your furnace’s performance.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to seek the assistance of a professional heating repair service. Consider contacting Air Rite for heating repair in Paso Robles area. We have a team of experienced technicians who can help diagnose and fix any problems with your furnace.
2. No Heat:
If your furnace is not producing heat even when the thermostat is adjusted, there could be several potential issues. Some possible causes include a malfunctioning thermostat, a tripped circuit breaker, or a pilot light that has gone out. Try the following steps:
- Check the circuit breaker and fuse. Ensure the circuit breaker is on, and the fuse has not blown. If the circuit breaker tripped, reset it by turning it off and back on.
- Verify that the power to the furnace is on. With a gas furnace, ensure the gas valve is open and the pilot light is lit. Also, check the furnace’s ignition system to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
- If the heat does not come on, the thermostat may be faulty. In this case, calling a professional for further assistance is recommended. Contact Air Rite for furnace service near me.
3. The Furnace Is Not Turning On Or Off:
If your furnace turns on and off frequently, it could be a problem with the thermostat. One potential solution is to adjust the heat anticipator lever on the thermostat. This lever is separate from the heat adjustment lever and is used to fine-tune the thermostat’s sensitivity.
To fix the issue, try setting the anticipator lever closer to the “longer” setting. This helps stabilize the furnace’s cycling. Keep in mind that the heat may take a few hours to improve, so be patient and readjust if necessary. If the problem persists, it may be required to seek the assistance of a professional heating repair service.
4. Noisy Furnace:
It is usual for heating ducts to make noises as they expand and contract with temperature changes. However, a few noises may indicate a problem with your furnace that should be addressed. For example:
- Rattling: If the furnace cabinet rattles when it runs, it could be due to loose cover panels. Make sure that all of the cover panels are securely screwed on.
- Squealing: If you hear squealing sounds, it could signify that the belt connecting the motor to the fan has slipped. This issue can often be fixed by tightening the motor mount or replacing the worn-out belt.
If you need help fixing these issues or encounter any other problems with your furnace, it is recommended to seek the assistance of a professional furnace service. If you are in the area, consider contacting Air Rite by searching “furnace service near me.” Our trained technicians can help diagnose and fix any problems with your furnace.
Why Choose Us?
If you are experiencing any issues with your furnace, addressing them as soon as possible is important to avoid further damage or costly repairs. Air Rite provides furnace repair and heating services in Paso Robles and surrounding areas. In addition to repair services, we also offer maintenance and replacement options to ensure your furnace runs efficiently and effectively. Contact us today for all your heating and furnace needs. You can find us by searching “heating service near me”. You can also check out what our clients have to say about us through Google Reviews and comments on our Facebook posts.