As summer approaches, most people rely on air conditioners to keep their homes and businesses cool and comfortable. However, it is important to note that AC units may require more refrigerant to operate efficiently over time. Refrigerant is an essential component of any AC system. Low refrigerant levels can cause your system to work harder than necessary, increasing energy bills and reducing cooling performance.
If you suspect that your AC requires refrigerant, don’t hesitate to contact Air-Rite for professional help. Our certified technicians can assess your AC system, determine any issues and make the required repairs and replacements, ensuring it operates efficiently. Contact us today for more information.
Here Are Some Situations When An Air Conditioner May Require More Refrigerant:
- Leaks: The most common reason an air conditioner requires more refrigerant is due to leaks in the system. These leaks can occur anywhere in the refrigerant lines or components and cause the refrigerant to leak slowly over time. If you search for AC repair near me, you’ll find Air Rite and get the best service in the Paso Robles area.
- Age: As an air conditioner ages, it may require more refrigerant due to wear and tear on the system. This is because the seals and components can become less effective at preventing leaks and maintaining the proper refrigerant level.
- Poor Installation: If an air conditioner was not installed properly, it might not have been charged with the correct amount of refrigerant from the start. This can cause the air conditioner to require more refrigerant than it should. By any chance, if you live in the surrounding area and if your system fails, we also offer AC replacement in Paso Robles.
- Changes In Usage: If you have changed how you use your air conditioner, such as running it for longer or using it more frequently, it may require more refrigerant to keep up with the increased demand.
- Incorrect Maintenance: Incorrect maintenance practices such as overcharging or undercharging the refrigerant can cause the air conditioner to require more refrigerant. It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for maintenance and hire our qualified technician to perform the maintenance.
- Changes In Outdoor Temperature: The outdoor temperature can affect the performance of an air conditioner. If the outdoor temperature exceeds normal, the air conditioner may require more refrigerant to maintain the desired indoor temperature. Similarly, the air conditioner may require less refrigerant if the outdoor temperature is lower than normal.
In any of these situations, having an Air Rite technician for air conditioner repair in Paso Robles is essential. Adding refrigerant without addressing the underlying problem can lead to further issues and may not solve the problem in the long run.
What To Do When Your Air Conditioner Requires More Refrigerant
Contact a professional HVAC technician if your air conditioning system requires more refrigerant. Adding refrigerant is not a DIY job and requires specialized equipment and expertise.
At Air-Rite, we offer professional air conditioning repair and maintenance services. Our professionals can diagnose and repair any issues with your AC system. We use state-of-the-art equipment to detect refrigerant leaks and ensure your air conditioning unit operates efficiently. If you are resident in the area struggling with their AC, call us today to book an appointment for an AC tune-up in Paso Robles.